Building Awareness and Sales Building Market Share Niche Marketing Tapping Into New Growth Markets B2B New Product Launch Cruise Ship Launch Building a Buzz Launch Of Hotel Rebuilding a Destination New Product Launch Tapping Into New Markets Creating Brand Identity Building Off - Season Sales Building Hotel Sales Post Crises Relaunching in Crowded Marketplace Resort Relaunch Generate Revenue & Awareness Via Social Media Twitter As Luxury Marketing Tool
Building Awareness and Sales for an Individual PropertyMarquis Los Cabos Beach, Golf, Spa and Casitas Resort
Situational Analysis. Marquis Los Cabos is in a highly competitive luxury market with Ventanas al Paraiso, consistently ranked as the top resort in Mexico in reader polls; One & Only Palmilla which had a multi-million dollar celebrity opening; and Esperanza which basks in the pedigree of a famous sister resort. The challenge break through the competitive set and position Marquis Los Cabos not only as one of the best resorts in Los Cabos, but also, in Mexico, without the benefit of advertising or a recognized resort brand, and with a limited budget (no paid celebrities, costly events, etc.).
- Establish Marquis Los Caboss distinctive personality and break through positioning
- Grab media spotlight on a consistent basis
- Build occupancy in the first full year of operation
- Generate awareness among target audiences especially on the U.S. West Coast and niche markets. [Top]
- Leverage membership in Leading Hotels of the World, taking advantage of PR programs in a leadership position (Out of this World) by creating the worlds most expensive package (a Vacation for Billionaires).
- Use dramatic visuals to both play to the hotels architectural and design strengths and to break through the medias copy clutter.
- Promote media sampling.
- Target high-end niche media, especially architecture and design, spa, bridal.
- Develop themed packages, tying into new travel trends (e.g. girl getaways, elopement, aspiring artists). [Top]
- Marquis Los Cabos image as an architectural and design icon firmly established (American Way magazine named the hotels lobby the best in 2004).
- The resort regularly appears in top resort reviews of the world.
- When travelers come to Los Cabos, they frequently ask where the hotel with the worlds most expensive package is.
- Over 12 months, total media circulation was 32,745,000; Impressions reached 98,236,000 in high quality media reaching an upscale demographic.
- In the first quarter of 2005, the second year of occupancy, the resort exceeded projected budget figures by double digits. [Top]
1581 Brickell Avenue Suite 1103, Miami, Florida 33129